GREAT BRITISH HAIR LTD
Business Day: a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) when banks in London are open for business.
Conditions: the terms and conditions set out in this document as amended from time to time in accordance with clause 11.6.
Contract: the contract between Great British Hair Limited and the Customer for the sale and purchase of the Goods in accordance with these Conditions.
Customer: the person or firm who purchases the Goods from Great British Hair Limited.
Force Majeure Event: has the meaning given in clause 10.
Goods: the goods (or any part of them) set out in the Order.
Order: the Customer's order for the Goods.
Specification: any specification for the Goods, that is agreed by the Customer and Great British Hair Limited.
Supplier: Great British Hair Limited registered in England and Wales with company number 10659086 at the registered office of Field Barn, Rickford, Worplesdon, Guildford, England, GU3 3PJ
BASIS OF CONTRACT
2.1 These Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that the Customer seeks to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
2.2 The Order constitutes an offer by the Customer to purchase the Goods in accordance with these Conditions. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the terms of the Order and any applicable Specification are complete and accurate.
2.3 The Order shall only be deemed to be accepted when Great British Hair Limited issues an order confirmation, at which point the Contract shall come into existence.
2.4 The Customer waives any right it might otherwise have to rely on any term endorsed upon, delivered with or contained in any documents of the Customer that is inconsistent with these Conditions.
2.5 Any samples, drawings, descriptive matter or advertising produced by the supplier, and any descriptions or illustrations contained in Great British Hair Limited’s catalogues or brochures are produced for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Goods referred to in them. They shall not form part of the Contract nor have any contractual force.
3.1 The Goods are described in Great British Hair Limited’s website and other sales literature.
3.2 Great British Hair Limited reserves the right to amend the description of the goods if required by any applicable statutory or regulatory requirements.
4.1 Great British Hair Limited shall ensure that each delivery of the Goods is accompanied by a delivery note that shows the date of the invoice, the relevant Customer and Supplier reference numbers, the type and quantity of the Goods (including the code number of the Goods, where applicable), special storage instructions (if any) and, if the Goods are being delivered by instalments, the outstanding balance of Goods remaining to be delivered.
4.2 Great British Hair Limited shall deliver the Goods to the location set out in the Order (Delivery Location). Delivery is completed on the receipt of the Goods at the Delivery Location.
4.3 Any dates quoted for delivery are approximate only, and the time of delivery is not of the essence. Great British Hair Limited shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods that is caused by a Force Majeure Event or the Customer’s failure to provide Great British Hair Limited with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Goods or any delay attributable to a third party delivery agent.
4.4 If Great British Hair Limited fails to deliver the Goods, its liability shall be limited to the costs and expenses incurred by the Customer in obtaining replacement goods of similar description and quality in the cheapest market available, less the price of the Goods. Great British Hair Limited shall have no liability for any failure to deliver the Goods to the extent that such failure is caused by a Force Majeure Event or the Customer’s failure to provide Great British Hair Limited with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Goods.
4.5 If the Customer fails to accept delivery of the Goods within two Business Days of Great British Hair Limited notifying the Customer that the Goods are ready, then, except where such failure or delay is caused by a Force Majeure Event or Great British Hair Limited failure to comply with its obligations under the Contract Great British Hair Limited shall store the Goods until delivery takes place, and charge the Customer for all related costs and expenses (including insurance).
4.6 If 10 Business Days after the day on which Great British Hair Limited notified the Customer that the Goods were ready for delivery the Customer has not taken delivery of them, Great British Hair Limited may resell or otherwise dispose of part or all of the Goods and, after deducting reasonable storage and selling costs, account to the Customer for any excess over the price of the Goods or charge the Customer for any shortfall below the price of the Goods.
4.7 If Great British Hair Limited delivers up to and including 10% more or less than the quantity of Goods ordered the customer may not reject them.
5.1 Great British Hair Limited warrants that on delivery the Goods shall:
- conform in all material respects with the Specification;
- be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship;
- be of satisfactory quality (within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979); and
- be fit for any purpose held out by Great British Hair Limited.
5.2 Subject to clause 6, if:
- the Customer gives notice in writing to Great British Hair Limited within two Business Days of Delivery that some or all of the Goods do not comply with the warranty set out in clause 5.1;
- Great British Hair Limited is given a reasonable opportunity of examining such Goods; and
- the Customer (if asked to do so by Great British Hair Limited.) returns such Goods to Great British Hair Limited place of business at the Customer’s cost,
Great British Hair Limited shall, at its option, repair or replace the defective Goods, or refund the price of the defective Goods in full.
5.3 Great British Hair Limited shall not be liable for the Goods' failure to comply with the warranty set out in clause 5.1 in any of the following events:
- the Customer makes any further use of such Goods after giving notice in accordance with clause 5.2;
- the defect arises because the Customer failed to follow Great British Hair Limited's oral or written instructions as to the storage, commissioning, installation, use and maintenance of the Goods or (if there are none) good trade practice regarding the same;
- the defect arises as a result of Great British Hair Limited following any drawing, design or Specification supplied by the Customer;
- the Customer alters or repairs such Goods without the written consent of Great British Hair Limited
- the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal storage or working conditions; or
- the Goods differ from the Specification as a result of changes made to ensure they comply with applicable statutory or regulatory requirements.
5.4 Except as provided in this clause 5, Great British Hair Limited shall have no liability to the Customer in respect of the Goods' failure to comply with the warranty set out in clause 5.1.
5.5 The terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
5.6 These Conditions shall apply to any repaired or replacement Goods supplied by Great British Hair Limited.
TITLE AND RISK
6.1 The risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer on completion of delivery.
6.2 Title to the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until the earlier of:
- Great British Hair Limited receives payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for the Goods and any other goods that Great British Hair Limited has supplied to the Customer, in which case title to the Goods shall pass at the time of payment of all such sums; and
- the Customer resells the Goods, in which case title to the Goods shall pass to the Customer at the time specified in clause 6.4.
6.3 Until title to the Goods has passed to the Customer, the Customer shall:
- store the Goods separately from all other goods held by the Customer so that they remain readily identifiable as Great British Hair Limited's property;
- not remove, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Goods;
- maintain the Goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured against all risks for their full price from the date of delivery;
- notify Great British Hair Limited immediately if it becomes subject to any of the events listed in clause 8.1; and
- give Great British Hair Limited such information relating to the Goods as Great British Hair Limited may require from time to time.
6.4 Subject to clause 6.5, the Customer may resell or use the Goods in the ordinary course of its business (but not otherwise) before Great British Hair Limited receives payment for the Goods. However, if the Customer resells the Goods before that time:
- it does so as principal and not as Great British Hair Limited’s agent; and
- title to the Goods shall pass from Great British Hair Limited to the Customer immediately before the time at which resale by the Customer occurs.
6.5 If before title to the Goods passes to the Customer the Customer becomes subject to any of the events listed in clause 8.1, then, without limiting any other right or remedy Great British Hair Limited may have:
- the Customer's right to resell the Goods or use them in the ordinary course of its business ceases immediately; and
- Great British Hair Limited may at any time:
- require the Customer to deliver up all Goods in its possession that have not been resold, or irrevocably incorporated into another product; and
- if the Customer fails to do so promptly, enter any premises of the Customer or of any third party where the Goods are stored in order to recover them.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
7.1 The price of the Goods shall be the price set out in the Order, or, if no price is quoted, the price set out in Great British Hair Limited’s published price list in force as at the date of delivery.
7.2 Great British Hair Limited may, by giving notice to the Customer at any time up to 28 Business Days before delivery, increase the price of the Goods to reflect any increase in the cost of the Goods that is due to:
- any factor beyond Great British Hair Limited’s control (including foreign exchange fluctuations, increases in taxes and duties, and increases in labour, materials and other manufacturing costs);
- any request by the Customer to change the delivery date(s), quantities or types of Goods ordered, or the Specification; or
- any delay caused by any instructions of the Customer or failure of the Customer to give Great British Hair Limited adequate or accurate information or instructions.
7.3 The price of the Goods:
- excludes amounts in respect of value added tax (VAT), which the Customer shall additionally be liable to pay to Great British Hair Limited at the prevailing rate, subject to the receipt of a valid VAT invoice; and
- excludes the costs and charges of packaging, insurance and transport of the Goods, which shall be invoiced to the Customer
7.4 The Customer shall pay the invoice in full and in cleared funds within 28 days of the date of the invoice. Payment shall be made to the bank account nominated in writing by Great British Hair Limited. Time for payment is of the essence.
7.5 If the Customer fails to make any payment due to Great British Hair Limited under the Contract by the due date for payment, then the Customer shall pay interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 4.0% per annum above National Westminster Bank PLC’s base rate from time to time. Such interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. The Customer shall pay the interest together with the overdue amount.
7.6 The Customer shall pay all amounts due under the Contract in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (except for any deduction or withholding required by law). Great British Hair Limited may at any time, without limiting any other rights or remedies it may have, set off any amount owing to it by the Customer against any amount payable by Great British Hair Limited to the Customer.
8.1 Without limiting its other rights or remedies, Great British Hair Limited may terminate this
Contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to the Customer if:
- the Customer commits a material breach of any term of the Contract and (if such a breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within 5 of that party being notified in writing to do so;
- the Customer takes any step or action in connection with its entering administration, provisional liquidation or any composition or arrangement with its creditors (other than in relation to a solvent restructuring), being wound up (whether voluntarily or by order of the court, unless for the purpose of a solvent restructuring), having a receiver appointed to any of its assets or ceasing to carry on business;
- the Customer suspends, threatens to suspend, ceases or threatens to cease to carry on all or a substantial part of its business; or
- the Customer’s financial position deteriorates to such an extent that in the opinion of Great British Hair Limited the Customer’s capability to adequately fulfil its obligations under the Contract has been placed in jeopardy.
8.2 Without limiting its other rights or remedies, Great British Hair Limited may suspend provision of the Goods under the Contract or any other contract between the Customer and Great British Hair Limited if the Customer becomes subject to any of the events listed in clause (a) to clause (d), or Great British Hair Limited reasonably believes that the Customer is about to become subject to any of them, or if the Customer fails to pay any amount due under this Contract on the due date for payment.
8.3 Without limiting its other rights or remedies, Great British Hair Limited may terminate the Contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to the Customer if the Customer fails to pay any amount due under the Contract on the due date for payment.
8.4 On termination of the Contract for any reason the Customer shall immediately pay to Great British Hair Limited all of Great British Hair Limited’s outstanding unpaid invoices and interest.
8.5 Termination of the Contract shall not affect any of the parties’ rights and remedies that have accrued as at termination, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of this Contract that existed at or before the date of termination.
8.6 Any provision of the Contract that expressly or by implication is intended to come into or continue in force on or after termination shall remain in full force and effect.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
9.1 Nothing in these Conditions shall limit or exclude Great British Hair Limited's liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable);
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for Great British Hair Limited to exclude or restrict liability.
9.2 Subject to clause 9.1:
- Great British Hair Limited shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to the Customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory
duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with the Contract; and
- Great British Hair Limited's total liability to the Customer in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed Great British Hair Limited.
Neither party shall be in breach of this Contract nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this Contract if such delay or failure result from a Force Majeure Event. If the period of delay or non-performance continues for One month, the party not affected may terminate this Contract by giving 28 written notice to the affected party.
11.1 Assignment and other dealings.
- Great British Hair Limited may at any time assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights or obligations under the Contract.
- The Customer may not assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights or obligations under the Contract without the prior written consent of Great British Hair Limited.
- Each party undertakes that it shall not at any time during this Agreement, and for a period of 5 years after termination of this Agreement, disclose to any person any confidential information concerning the business, affairs, customers, clients or suppliers of the other party except as permitted by Clause12.2 (b).
- Each party may disclose the other party’s confidential information:
- to its employees, officers, representatives or advisers who need to know such information for the purposes of exercising the party’s rights or carrying out its obligations under or in connection with this Agreement. Each party shall ensure that its employees, officers, representatives or advisers to whom it discloses the other party’s confidential information comply with this Clause 11.2; and
- as may be required by law, a court of competent jurisdiction or any governmental or regulatory authority.
- No party shall use any other party’s confidential information for any purpose other than to exercise its rights and perform its obligations under or in connection with this Agreement.
11.3 Entire agreement.
- This Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- Each party agrees that it shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in this Agreement. Each party agrees that it shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this Agreement.
11.4 Variation. No variation of this Contract shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the parties (or their authorised representatives).
11.5 Waiver. No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under the Contract or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
11.6 Severance. If any provision or part-provision of the Contract is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the Contract.
- Any notice or other communication given to a party under or in connection with the Contract shall be in writing, addressed to that party at its registered office (if it is a company) or its principal place of business (in any other case) or such other address as that party may have specified to the other party in writing in accordance with this clause, and shall be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, commercial courier, email.
- A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received: if delivered personally, when left at the address referred to in clause (a); if sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9:00 am on the second Business Day after posting; if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier’s delivery receipt is signed; or, if sent by email, one Business Day after transmission.
- The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
11.8 Third party rights. No one other than a party to this Contract shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
11.9 Governing law. The Contract, and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
11.10 Jurisdiction. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this Contract or its subject matter or formation.